Suggestions before you begin:
- Break into three sections/days
- Watch video, pass out climate region handouts (in pink folder) and fill out worksheet during video
- Make shapes
- Make mobiles (with parent volunteers)
- Pause the video regularly for students to complete each part of the worksheet
Tips and tricks for building: Get parent volunteers!
- Small, medium and large are relative. Each group will have to decide this for themselves.
- There is more colored card stock in the right tall cabinet if you run out of a color
- Allow time for students to cut out shapes first and then pass out materials to build mobiles
- Instead of gluing two shapes together, students can make one shape and poke a whole at the top for the string
- Cut 6 - 10'' pieces of string for each shape - more string is available